link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,600,700" rel="stylesheet">

WASP V2 Gearbox in ICS lower
ok I think the odd shape on the sector gear may be a problem. If I spin it slowly the sensor triggers but in a quick spin nothing. I had her all put back together and was testing to see if I needed the tension release and the sector gear ended up in a different position every time. Is it possible that the odd shape isn't allowing the sensor to be triggered long enough to send a signal when spun at high speed like the motor would? Is this something that can be adjusted or do I just need to put a standard sector gear in?

Also The metal selector plate was a nightmare. When taken off safe it triggered the sensor. I had to dremmel it back so it only triggered on full auto. Lots of pics taken and once it is completly successful I will post!
Quote:If I spin it slowly the sensor triggers but in a quick spin nothing.
Which FCU are you using? I know you have both. 
What method are you using to determine that? If you are manipulating manually, it is possible the trigger pulse is too short to see. If the sensor is not triggering during normal operation, you will get 'cycle fail alarm'.

Quote:sector gear ended up in a different position every time.
Sounds like antireversal latch is not engaging. 

Quote:When taken off safe it triggered the sensor. I had to dremmel it back so it only triggered on full auto. 
Definately not TM standard. Would it even accept a standard selector plate. Id like to see a side by side compare.

I have to say that an ICS gearbox is not compatible. Shouldn't have been this difficult.
Quote:If I spin it slowly the sensor triggers but in a quick spin nothing.
Quote: Which FCU are you using? I know you have both. 
What method are you using to determine that? If you are manipulating manually, it is possible the trigger pulse is too short to see. If the sensor is not triggering during normal operation, you will get 'cycle fail alarm'.

I'm using the E version. I'm using the bluetooth app to monitor. I haven't been getting any cycle fail alarms. when moved manualy I see the sector gear light up in the app. when spun with a motor I only see it every 5-6th shot and them is still does not stop in the correct position. I have noticed occasionally a half cycle when the sector didn't stop at the correct position.

Quote:sector gear ended up in a different position every time.
Quote:Sounds like antireversal latch is not engaging. 
Its engaging I can see the tension release lever moving.

Quote:When taken off safe it triggered the sensor. I had to dremmel it back so it only triggered on full auto. 
Quote:Definately not TM standard. Would it even accept a standard selector plate. Id like to see a side by side compare.
I'll shoot a pic. They are close BUT this ICS is based off the Massad so not totaly an M4

Quote:I have to say that an ICS gearbox is not compatible. Shouldn't have been this difficult.
when I'm done it will be! I believe if it was a M4 it would probably work much better.
Is it possible active break is NOT on? I didn't see it in the app. I never noticed a hard stop from the gears. They stopped just like gears without active break. Also I did monitor it with just the lower part of the gearbox and completely assembled. when completely assembled I could not break the upper from the lower because the sector gear WAS engaged with the piston and when I used the tension release you could hear the gears back spin and then the upper would break from the lower.
Gear sensor indicator:
Makes sense. The sensor indicator will be erratic during full operation cuz there is an update speed limit. There is a setting in Menu > Misc Settings > Fast Stream Polltime. It defaults at 50ms. I'd leave it asis. Point is, thats how fast the app gets updated. That why you will see a seemingly erroneous gear sw indicator. The purpose of the indicator is to allow simple testing as you have done with the slow turn test. So for now, ignore it.

The brake:
Even without a brake, the piston should be stopping consistently at close to the same point. You can adjust the brake to turn on hard by setting brake duty to 100%, duration about 50ms, brake delay 3ms. You can also make sure the EOC delay is set to 0.
Your shot counter should be incrementing. That is what to rely on to know the gear sw is operating. If you aren't getting a cycle alarm then I think all that is working. Unless its running above 30 rounds per second the pistons end position should be consistent.

Without a piston with a spring to maintain resistance against the sector gear, ... Ill juz have to c if I can do some local testing and c what happens.
(04-27-2018, 11:55 PM)admin Wrote: Your shot counter should be incrementing. That is what to rely on to know the gear sw is operating. If you aren't getting a cycle alarm then I think all that is working. Unless its running above 30 rounds per second the pistons end position should be consistent.

Without a piston with a spring to maintain resistance against the sector gear, ... Ill juz have to c if I can do some local testing and c what happens.

Now I did test it with the gun put together as well with the same results but I believe have found the problem and it is not the WASP E. The only other motors I have that are long type are chepo stock motors. After the last round of testing you could cook an egg on the motor so I tried the other chepo. Sector gear lined up properly much more often. Id say about 90% of the time with a minor tweak to Break duty. So I stopped and it dawned on me that the "stock" motor couldn't be a torque up like listed. I popped the can and believe I counted around 15 TPA. With NEO magnets I'm pretty sure that would make it a high speed motor and NOT a Torque up motor. I never checked the RPS before I pulled the Stock ICS but I think it had to have been too high since a cheap ferrite motor has everything working properly. Sorry I did not isolate it to the motor from the get go and wasted your time.
Do you have a link to the specific model you are working on? I should have asked right off your specs.
What does the Rate of Fire gage indicate now that its working... actually what is the voltage and run current indicating as well?
(04-28-2018, 09:51 AM)admin Wrote: Do you have a link to the specific model you are working on? I should have asked right off your specs.
What does the Rate of Fire gage indicate now that its working... actually what is the voltage and run current indicating as well?

https://www.evike.com/products/53931/
EBB is disabled.
On china pull motor with a 7.4 lipo
ROF- 20.4
Voltage- 7.58v
Run Current- initial spike of 4a settles down to average of 3a on full auto.
run current is way low. Use the histogram and see what you get.
(04-30-2018, 01:33 AM)admin Wrote: run current is way low. Use the histogram and see what you get.

I am about to put her back together. Right now the motor is under 0 load because the spring isn't attached. basically I'm just spinning gears. So far the histogram has never populated with any data. its always blank. I haven't updated the firmware yet either.