link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,600,700" rel="stylesheet">

WASP V2 Gearbox in ICS lower
I'm seeing a few potential issues with my pre install. 

1) ICS lower gearbox's have a cut off release feature to release spring tension. When you put the gun in safe the cutoff lever is disengaged and I believe the gears will spin in reverse to release spring tension. Would this not potentially damage the sensor arm? I speak from experience. During a strip down and reassemble of my UAR I wasn't paying attention and turned the sector backwards. Apparently the sensor arm was half engaged and didn't like the reverse spin and popped off. I had to order another( and you were super fast in taking care of me thanks!) one to get my girl back up and running. I noticed during initial prep that the ICS gear doesn't have that egg shaped section for the cutoff lever. its shaped differently.
 [Image: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/lo...kgxmu.jpeg]
Now since the wasp resets the spring would potential damage ever be an issue. also is the sensor going to have an issue with the shape and the sensor arm? I can also disable the spring reset and avoid any issues all together and possible change the sector gear.

2) The Sensor board sticks above the lower half of the gearbox by a half mil or so. I don't think is will be a problem when the top and bottom half's mate together but what are your thoughts?
i dont think the lobe shape will cause a problem. the sensor arm can move in both directions. u can grind the top edge of the board if u need to. you dont want it to shift positions. that would probably cause a big problem.
i wished i new more about the ics 2 give a good answer. if u think it might dmg your gearbox then dont.
i have released the anti reverse latch many times. its never caused a sensor to break. if it dont work, ill refund u.
something u might try. increase the distance from the sensor to lobe. if it sits too close it will probably bind(this is true for any gearbox). also gently turn the sector gear backwards but dont force it. u should be able to tell if it resists the rotation.
(04-03-2018, 12:32 AM)LordSmack Wrote: 2) The Sensor board sticks above the lower half of the gearbox by a half mil or so. 

That less than half a hair. Is that accurate?
Pics of alignment. I don't see any traces in the area so filing it should not be an issue

(04-03-2018, 01:55 AM)admin Wrote: something u might try. increase the distance from the sensor to lobe. if it sits too close it will probably bind(this is true for any gearbox). also gently turn the sector gear backwards but dont force it. u should be able to tell if it resists the rotation.

Well since one of the features of the WASP is active break in single shot. I really don't see a need for the tension release except of mating the two halves together when reassembling the rifle. As long as active break stops the sector gear so no teeth can contact the piston then the tension release wont be needed at all. The reason for the tension release is so When you put the rifle back together the sector teeth are not misaligned with the piston causing a breakage. Its easy to disable so once I have the lower back together ill give a few trigger pulls in single and see where it stops it at.
Active brake happens in single and auto IF its on. That was changed before release so I must need to do a document edit somewhere.
Just in case: Does it have a antireversal latch in addition to tension release lever? You'll need it.
(04-03-2018, 10:00 PM)admin Wrote: Just in case: Does it have a antireversal latch in addition to tension release lever? You'll need it.

Yeah it does. The Tension release is done via a small lever on the outside of the gearbox connected to the antireversal latch. It is press fitted but came off easily. So in essence it is already disabled. It had to come off to reshim. Another minor issue I ran into is because the comm wire is so thick I cannot use 16 awg high strand  silicon wire as the three wires will no where near fit in the slot in the gearbox. I have 18 awg high strand silicon wire but opted to purchase 16 awg alpha wire since I have always wanted to try it. Build on hold for a few days......
Yep, M4 is flustrating - no room inside or out, hence install rating = 4. I would use same wire as original - probably 18awg teflon.
I would but surprisingly for an ICS it has the stiffest crappiest 16 awg I've ever seen. It was stamped 16awg but sure looked like 18awg. My new wire should be in here in a day or two. then to build and post pics. Need to post pics of my UAR.