link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,600,700" rel="stylesheet">

V3 WASP in AUG
I was suggested this product in place of a BTC Chimera. Does this work in an AUG with its V3 Shell and AUG trigger? Have you had anyone install one?
I haven't done it and no one has tried. What model do you have? I'll look it up and c where the differences are.
(04-19-2017, 11:15 PM)admin Wrote: I haven't done it and no one has tried. What model do you have? I'll look it up and c where the differences are.

I have a JG AUG. It is a TM clone. All the AUG AEG's are modeled the same and have a two stage trigger. Short pull is semi, full pull is full auto.
No this wont work. The trigger activated fire selector is a problem.
Any idea how that could be overcome? Would it function in semi? Or could it be programmed to be semi or full auto with one trigger pull?
(04-22-2017, 05:48 PM)Whiting Wrote: Any idea how that could be overcome? Would it function in semi? Or could it be programmed to be semi or full auto with one trigger pull?

Yes it could be programmed using the PGM switch. You could set it to fire AUTO, SEMI (1 shot), or a BURST. And you would be able to change it by the simple burst / mode program. 
To overcome requires adding firmware code to execute another trigger sequence when a mode change occurs. Currently, the firmware will not fire the weapon by simply changing the mode selector. Otherwise it would be possible to substitute the existing mode switch with some custom wiring.
(04-23-2017, 12:21 PM)admin Wrote:
(04-22-2017, 05:48 PM)Whiting Wrote: Any idea how that could be overcome? Would it function in semi? Or could it be programmed to be semi or full auto with one trigger pull?

Yes it could be programmed using the PGM switch. You could set it to fire AUTO, SEMI (1 shot), or a BURST. And you would be able to change it by the simple burst / mode program. 
To overcome requires adding firmware code to execute another trigger sequence when a mode change occurs. Currently, the firmware will not fire the weapon by simply changing the mode selector. Otherwise it would be possible to substitute the existing mode switch with some custom wiring.

OK so forgive me but I am not completely understanding. What is a PGM switch? I am presuming that what you explained is that with new firmware that doesn't exist it could work, but currently it does not. Can the custom wiring be done with the current firmware version?
The PGM switch is the little button on top you press to program the burst count and the fire mode position.
You presume correct. As it is now, it will ignore the 2nd stage trigger completely. The firmware would need additional code to be able to use the second stage trigger.
Are you considering adding code to support second stage?
(04-27-2017, 11:05 PM)Whiting Wrote: Are you considering adding code to support second stage?

Yes. But it may be a while. Will need to do an AUG prototype to ensure correct operation, fit, needed mods, etc.